Tuesday, April 6, 2010

34 and 35.... This Park Life ... Tuesday

I must confess to never having visited Centennial Park before a quick stop there a month ago.  I was so enamoured by the scale of such a place in the centre of our city that plans were made to meet up with The Cousins from interstate and My Fav Aunt.  Which is exactly what we did today.
The Botanical Gardens are truly peaceful, with its own beauty - but the energy of Centennial Park is what draws me in.  
Horses plodding, cyclists, walkers, talkers, skateboards, rick shaws, 4 seater bicycles, sleepers, picnic-ers, lakes, geese, ibis, water fowl ... just too gorgeous.
So...  Did I walk today?  Technically - NO.  
But I did play chasings...  ride a Razor Scooter all the way to the loo ... which just happened to be MILES away.  Well, not really - but a bloody long way and I rode right in through the door! Ha.  Do you know what was wonderful too?  No one looked sideways at the 50yr old on the scooter!!   All forms of exercise are tolerated here. 
I did a fair amount of exercise today, but driving home I felt maybe I should add to it by heading off on a night walk.  
But the rain began and talk of a thunderstorm had me running for cover as my greatest fear is being turned to a cinder due to lightening.
So no.  No walk today.

Or yesterday for that matter as I seemed to have lost time and space after the 5hr trip home from Mudgee.
But hey ... the spirit is still willing and I have no other plans for tomorrow, so will try for a large walk around Whale Beach and Palmy.
The Husband mentioned The Dog was limping today.  Sigh.  She is such a dud.

No comments:

Post a Comment