Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 16 ... Up, Up and Away....

I was terrified to take off today after yesterday's walk...  I didn't relish the thought of pushing through whatever was going on there.
I was pleasantly surprised.
Since boredom is always knocking at my psyche.. I have to mix it all up a bit.  
Today I put The Little Black Dog in the car ...  I think the excitement of a ride hyped her up a little ... and we headed off to Careel Bay.  From here I headed off through Nth Avalon, past the sludgy creek behind Barrenjoey High (where a surprising amount of wildlife lives) and UP the hill past the pool... UP the hill behind houses towards the golf club ... UP the hill towards Bilgola Lookout.
What an amazingly blissful pitstop.   Divine breeze and breathtaking vista...  
It was here I listened to my body and decided against heading down into the beach area. SO, we headed back downhill and because I knew it would be a shorter walk - I practically jogged!
I think the trick for me is to drink plenty of water all day ... eat some carbohydrates and just listen to my body.
It's just that sometimes I don't like what it says.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment