Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 18 and 19.... Sunday

I had a problem getting  up and at it yesterday.  It's not that I didn't want to walk - I just didn't wish to change into walking gear from my 'house' clothes.
I was right in the mood to potter, tidy, cleanup ... but not to take my hair out of the high pony tail or wear anything respectable.  
So I didn't.
By the afternoon I had achieved all the chores and had to face reality.  There was nothing truly stopping me ... THEN I read 'Prevention' magazine.  What a handy little gem of a mag when wanting to know more about fitness and health.
In it I learnt that I don't necessarily HAVE to walk each day to achieve optimum fitness - I could do weights or resistance exercises.  Perfect.
I threw on the sunnies and a bit of lippy, changed clothes, and zoomed off to K Mart where I bought myself some dumbells and a resistence elastic thingy.
Just buying them made me feel fitter.  Certainly carrying them to the car did!
I came home and proudly showed them to The Husband, phoned The Daughter and told her - she laughed.
Then I read the bumph on the pack of the resistence bands.
"No responsibility is taken for any injury which may occur from using this band"....
I had visions of those Hockey Strap stories... where they flick off and blind you...
I had best keep a strong hold.
I hadn't given up on a possible evening walk, but needed the company of The Best Friend...  she was not so inclined and it was decided we would meet at Newport Beach for a healthy dinner and chat.
I took the new purchases.
So there in the darkness, sitting on the park bench, while chatting and laughing as only Good Friends can ... I hooked the rubber thingy on my feet and exercised my forearms!  Yay.  I even did a few dumbell lifts too...
I really like the idea of an alternative weight bearing exercise to do if every few days my body says 'Don't walk'...   
I even entered a competition in the Magazine to win a week at a health resort for The Husband and Myself - wouldn't THAT be fab.
Today - The Dog and I walked up hill quite early.  I returned home to read papers and helped The Husband with the lawns and gardening.   
I may not look any different ....

But I feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment