Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Whinge... Whinge... Whinge... Day 15

I don't have a clue what happened today. I hardly wish to speak of it.
After work we had a gathering to attend but I was home at 5 ... only to collapse on the lounge and nod off until 6pm. I MADE myself get up and find the runners... all the while feeling sluggish and slow with my brain taking over completely - filled with negative thoughts.
What was the story? Yesterday's jaunt was so lovely ...
All the while, making it up the hills and around the waterfront... my body struggled .... my thoughts were worse.
"I'll cut this corner..."
"What's the point...."
"Stupid Dog...."
"My foot hurts..."
As the brain whinged and whinged I plodded on ... and THEN I passed a slow walker wearing a t-shirt which was covered in "Never, never, never give up!" Was this a sign from above?
Well - it did nothing to spur me on, I can tell you. Bloody stupid t shirt to wear as you stroll along. That is, unless a few months ago she was unable to walk at all. Then I would give her credit where credit was due.
What's the deal with people who never give up anyway?? One of those olympic skiers had two knee replacements just so she could continuing competing!!! I have no comprehension of such drive.
So onward I went - past all the beautiful people from Home & Away eating their dinners...
past the beach... who's beauty did nothing for me today.
Up the hill and homeward bound.
Sweaty and cranky... in the gate ... shoes off ... back to the lounge.
What was that all about? Did I not eat enough carbohydrates today? Who cares.
I am not happy.
Not one bit.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha - I think you are amazing Keren. I would have hit the grumpy wall much earlier. 75 minutes is an awfully long time to get out there and exercise every day. I think 45 minutes would be more than enough (but that's just me - lower threshold and there seems to be not enough time in my days!) Imagine how fit you are going to be in a year. It's scarey to think about!!!!

    ReplyDelete