Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 24... It Seemed A Good Idea At The Time...

My walk today encompasses a few things I have previously mentioned... 
# When an idea pops into my head, I have to fulfil it no matter what.  eg.. Since it was Friday & therefore 'takeaway' night - I don't have to cook.  This frees up a fair bit of time. Also The Hubby is engrossed in the footy & I am hardly likely to be missed. So my scathingly brilliant idea was to WALK to Avalon to collect a DVD & walk home.  Hubby was a little shocked and concerned about my ability to manage this; lectured me on 'stretching', requested I call him on my arrival at the video store so he could come and collect me, told me I was doing well and looking trimmer. (He Lied I Think).
# I had to resort to the original Army SHorts of walk No 1.  SHock and Horror when I put them on and they were TIGHT!!!  How could they be???  And don't give me any drivel about 'building up muscle" ..  then I remembered they had been put through the dryer and no doubt, being cotton, had tightened up a little.  Surely.....  Hopefully.
I was also walking into the holiday traffic once more with car loads of holidayers, weekenders, hoons, buses and no pathways.  
I took off at 6pm and was amazingly sprightly.  Happy thoughts and no near misses, all the way in to Avalon.  I went at a steady fast pace, but just before arriving at the video store quite a severe pain set up in the left hip area of my original walks.  Bugger.  I think this had been exacerbated by the jumping dancing of the parents night from Kindy.

Interestingly, the shorts were not 'skritching' as in theie original walk. Mmmmm.

Quickly choosing a movie, grabbing the dog I headed homeward bound.
Steady pain, lower back ache ... but otherwise happy to be walking amongst young people on skateboards, couples dressed for dinner, hoons hooning ...  until passing Careel Bay.

Oh. It all hurt a little too much.  I refused to slow down.  The Dog DID slow down to a 'drag' once more.  Darkness had descended and I was heading for the uphill bit past the mud flats ...  when ... 'toot'  'toot' ...  THE HUSBAND ONCE AGAIN CAME TO THE RESCUE!!!!

yay.  1hr 40mins.

I was so happy... I even listened to his lecture about stretching!!
What a Man. xx

2 comments: