Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 5 ... Don't Complain...

I really feel like complaining.

Maybe I have gone out too hard and fast ... not for the average person ... but for myself.
It is unsufferably annoying.
I don't mind noticing the odd ache or pain ... I will alter the exercise routine to accommodate them .. but i WANT to walk up hills.
I want to eventually head up the 400 stairs again.
But something is amiss in my lower back which is locking up the muscles in the front of my hips.
Staggering me to a halt at times.
Sigh.
I will discuss it with a physio or osteo soonish.

As I neared home today .. sweating ... in ridiculous agony ... I passed an elderly neighbour who was SHUFFLING down to the shops.
He waved and gave me a cheerful morning greeting... as he made his way onwards.

I have lowered my personal expectations. I will avoid too many hills until I work out my what's up with my body. I do not need to cover 15kms in 75mins.

i won't complain any more today.

My agony would be 'shuffling' to the shops when I am 70.

2 comments:

  1. Clench the glutes as you walk. It will support the lower back - but maybe get it shifted back into it's rightful place first, or you could be clenching it into a spot it does not belong

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clench as I walk??? I won't be able to move!!

    ReplyDelete